Friday, September 7, 2012

Why so tactical?

I guess the best way to start is to explain why I have such a tactical gear fetish.  I am not, nor have been military, and short of WWIII, I probably won't join anytime soon.  Why then, am I such a "geardo"? Simple.  I'm a survivalist; I like to believe that if SHTF, I will have a fighting chance to at least not die from the immediate threat, whatever that might be.

By playing airsoft as a young adult I gained some knowledge and skills in the tactical field, and as a enthusiast pistol and rifle shooter I am learning what translates well from airsoft to the real world of firearms.  My goal is to create new ergonomically designed tactical gear, as well as refine and adapt already existing equipment.

After several years of airsoft, I realized I had ammassed a large assortment of cheaply made tactical equipment.  Since I generally like to make things,  I began seeing this pile of old gear as salvageable material.  One day I asked my lovely lady to give me a crash course on using her sewing machine.  She obliged and after a few failed attempts I started becoming proficient at using said device.  Re-using my old gear has given me a basic knowledge of how gear should and should not be assembled.  A fortunate side-effect of this recycling process is the combination of patterns and colors used in some of my designs.  (I kinda like two-tone gear, you don't have to.)

I have several prototypes, and a large quantity of ideas and designs.  I will post them as they materialize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home