Friday, September 7, 2012

Lightweight Surefire Pouch

I make it a point to carry things that don't break under normal conditions.  One of these items is a SureFire 6P defender flashlight that my lovely lady bought me for my birthday one year.  I cannot lose this flashlight.  I like it to be at the ready, but I dislike wearing things on my belt, so I figured a good place for it would be on the side of my backpack.  At first I looked for a suitable pouch, but eventually I opted to just build one with recycled Cordura nylon.  I decided to use MOLLE (or: STRIKE, PALS, FSBE, MALICE,etc) because it's basically the industry standard in tactical gear.  My backpack conveniently has the same web attachment system all over it.

I built the pouch as robustly as I could, but with as little material as possible to save on weight.




 
The stitching for MOLLE doesn't always need to be 1.5" wide; the webbing constructing the pouch is only that wide, making my stitching ~1.25" across.  I found that by making the MOLLE webbing more of a loop, it could accomodate the other MOLLE webbing strap (out of frame):




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home