Friday, September 7, 2012

Rifle Ammo Pouch

I like bolt action rifles.  My personal rifle is a Stevens 200 (basically a Savage 110 without an accutrigger).  It has a fixed, four-round box magazine.  The problem with a fixed magazine is readily apparent: there is no fast way to reload.  One must learn to reload this rifle one at a time, and do so quickly.  This poses a another problem as one must carry clips (if you're lucky enough to have a rifle with a clip-fed magazine) or boxes of ammunition or even those plastic separators that come with them.

I felt this to be a clunky process that could be streamlined.  I set about making a MOLLE rifle ammunition pouch that had "no shine" and could hold 8 rounds.  The prototype is made from some recycled gear and I only ended up fitting 7 rounds into it,  but it is functional.



That little strip of Cordura at the top of the pouch acts to hold the shells in place

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home